Art Libraries Society

Central Plains

Home

 

About

 

How to Join

 

Meetings

 

Newsletter

 

Officers

 

Members

 

By-Laws

 

Annual Reports

 

Projects

 

 

ARLIS/CP is a chapter of:

Spring 2006 Meeting Minutes

University of Kansas
Lawrence, Kansas

March 16-18, 2006

 

Chairman Tom Young called the business meeting to order at 9:00 a.m. on March 17, 2006. In attendance: Jane Cheng, Susan Craig, Lois Crane, Rachel Crane, Scott Easterday, Noriko Ebersole, Suzy Frechette, Leigh Gates, Mikael Kriz, Amelia Nelson, M.J. Poehler, Mari Russell, Dawn Sanders, Deborah Tinsley, Clare Vasquez, Lihui Xiong.

Reports

Secretary/Treasurer’s Report was read and accepted: the chapter has 26 members and a balance of $1866.90 (as of March 15, 2006). Minutes of the last meeting were distributed and accepted. It was announced that Ellen Petraits would send an email to chapter members soliciting information for the newsletter.

 

ARLIS/NA Midwest Representative’s Report: Leigh Gates brought news from the Board: the new HQ liaison is Craig Fleming (email on ARLIS/NA website). Revision of chapter success book is in the works. After the annual meeting, revision of chapter handbook should begin.

 

Old Business: Streamlining ballot for elections of officers: ARLIS/NA has a subscription to Survey Monkey. Tom will check with ARLIS HQ. Travel award for national meeting: It was moved and carried to raise the amount to $250. After discussion, it was decided not to institute a travel award for chapter meetings. Who’s Who in the Central Plains: much discussion of this project. What should it contain: listing of institutions that have book or archival collections relating to art? Is it useful? Most thought not. Its function appears to be superseded by the web. Project abandoned.

 

New Business: Gift to ARLIS/NA for Welcome Party. Since we will not disburse money for a travel award this year (no officers attending the national meeting), it was decided to make a larger gift of $100.

New project: an update of the Serials Exhibitions Union Catalogue. This was proposed as a project that could be eligible for funding from ARLIS/NA. Instead of publishing it in print format, it could be hosted on the chapter website. It was suggested that a team should examine the project to see whether funding was needed for a researcher or for software. Susan Craig volunteered to work on the project but would like someone else to chair it. The Secretary/Treasurer will send a notice to the chapter.

 

Fall Meeting: it was proposed and accepted that the meeting would be in St. Louis. The theme might be space planning. Marianne Cavanaugh has volunteered (in absentia) to plan the meeting. Note: date has been announced: October 19-21, 2006.

 

Future meetings: the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art will be the probable site of the Fall 2007 chapter meeting; Spring 2007 TBA.

Meeting adjourned at 10:15.

 

Respectfully submitted,
Clare Vasquez, Secretary/Treasurer

 

 

Last Updated on June 8, 2006